If either of your car number plates is cracked, broken, faded or has marks obscuring the letters and numbers, then they’re illegal and need to be replaced. Luckily Auto Discount is here to help – we can make you some shiny new or replacement number plates for your car or bike while you wait. We can also help out by making you an extra set of number plates if you’re towing, or using a rear-mount cycle carrier.
We can supply new standard oblong, square or motorcycle number plates, with either the GB flag or a plain plate with or without a black border.
All our new and replacement number plates are completely road legal and DVLA approved, and standard number plate prices start from just £14.99 each.
What documents do I need to bring with me?
Most importantly you’ll need to bring the right documents with you to your local store to get your new plates. The law states that you must provide current proof of identity and proof of entitlement to the registration mark quoted in order to get replacement number plates.
If you reserve your plates online, they can’t be made until we have verified your documents instore.
At least one original document from each of the lists below is required for us to supply you with a legal number plate – i.e. you need to bring one document listed under ‘proof of identity’, and one from the list ‘proof of entitlement’, required by the DVLA to prove that you are allowed to display the plate. Together, the two documents must let us check your name, address and vehicle entitlement. We only accept the following documents:
Proof of Identity:
- Driving licence
- National ID card issued by the Government of a state of territory other than the UK
- Police warrant card
- Armed forces identity card
Proof of Entitlement:
- A Vehicle Registration Certificate (V5C) (Please be aware only the new red V5C Certificates are accepted, and not the old blue Certificates)
- The tear- off slip (V5C/2) from (V5C section 10)
- A Certificate of entitlement to a mark (V750)
- A Cherished Transfer Retention Certificate (V778)
- A Vehicle Licence Renewal (V11)
- A Temporary Registration Certificate (V379)
- An Authorisation Certificate (V948) from DVLA Local Office with official DVLA stamp
- A letter of authorisation from Fleet Operators (including a lease/hire company). The letter must quote the document reference number from the V5C
- A record of the insurer’s name, reference and policy number (for repairs approved by an insurance company).
Please note: These are legal guidelines imposed by the DVLA, and sadly we can’t provide you with new or replacement registration plates without the correct documents!
Hassle free with our Number Plate Fitting Service
Here at Auto Discount we can also fit your new or replacement plates for you – either using adhesive pads to fix the plates to the vehicle, or drilling the plates for you to keep them firmly in place. Our number plates start from £14.99, and our fitting prices start from £4 per plate.