The advantages of PowerFrame® technology
Rigid grid frame
Prevents grid growth and corrosion at the edges and so damage to the separator, or short circuits caused by the grid making contact with the negative plate.
The rigid, precise structure ensures excellent adhesion of the active material to the grid and permits low-resistance, rapid charging and discharging of the battery. In contrast to conventional grids, there is no brittleness arising from mechanical deformation during production.
Optimum grid structure
More lead is applied to the areas subject to a higher load: the grid is more hard-wearing and resistant to corrosion.
Grid designed for optimum flow
In this innovative design, the grid bars lead directly to the plate link. The low flow resistance ensures optimum conductivity and the fastest possible supply of power to the electrical device.
The SAE J240 (75 °C) life cycle test shows that
the stamped grid (right) exhibits minimal corrosion with virtually no loss of conductivity. In the grid on the left, the material between the alloy grains has suffered corrosion, resulting in a weak flow of current and a shorter service life.
S4 EFB technology : For passenger cars with start/stop system
The S4 EFB (Enhanced Flooded Battery) technology satisfies all requirements that lie somewhere between conventional starter batteries and the S5 AGM.
The S4 EFB is designed for vehicles with start/stop system. Its deep cycle resistance ensures that sufficient energy is available at all times for restarting the vehicle. Even when a large number of energy consumers are in operation in the vehicle during the stop phase, it maintains its excellent starting performance.
- Longer service life and double the deep cycle resistance of conventional starter batteries
- More reliable starting even in extreme temperatures and with a large number of electrical devices
- Outstanding charge acceptance and good resistance to short-haul operations
- With additional polyester scrim between plate and separator
- Leak-proof and tilt-resistant up to 55°
- First-class quality from Bosch
- Absolutely maintenance-free